|Habersham County Sheriff's Office · 1000 Detention Drive · Clarkesville, GA 30523 · (706) 754-6666|
Choosing an ATM
Using an ATM
• Be especially cautious when strangers offer to help you at an ATM, even if your card is stuck or you are experiencing difficulty with the transaction. You should not allow anyone to distract you while you are at the ATM.
• Check that other individuals in the queue keep an acceptable distance from you. Be on the look-out for individuals who might be watching you enter your PIN.
• Stand close to the ATM and shield the keypad with your hand when keying in your PIN (you may wish to use the knuckle of your middle finger to key in the PIN).
• Follow the instructions on the display screen, e.g. do not key in your PIN until the ATM requests you to do so.
• If you feel the ATM is not working normally, press the Cancel key and withdraw your card and then proceed to another ATM.
• Never force your card into the card slot.
• Keep your printed transaction record so that you can compare your ATM receipts to your monthly statement.
• If your card gets jammed, retained or lost, or if you are interfered with at an ATM, report this immediately to the bank and/or police using the help line provided or nearest phone.
• Do not be in a hurry during the transaction, and carefully secure your card & cash in your wallet, handbag or pocket before leaving the ATM.
Managing your ATM use
County Sheriff's Office
1000 Detention Drive Clarkesville, Ga. 30523
Phone: 706-754-6666 Fax: 839-7065
|Questions? Comments? Please email the webmaster.|